Buildings Division

When you called in the complaint, you became the complaining witness in the enforcement action. At the hearing you have the opportunity to explain the circumstances which caused you to call in the complaint by providing testimony or other evidence to the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). This could assist the ALJ in determining if the violations existed.
Your name appeared as result of a title search. Most likely, you will need to file a motion to set-aside the default to resolve the case in a hearing. Also, you may wish to contact the Ownership Unit at the Department of Law for review. You may contact 312.742.0007 for further information.
The Department of Buildings is alleging that the violations were still there on the date of inspection. The hearing is your opportunity to contest any allegations and show proof that the problems were corrected.

To contact a building inspector, please call 311, the City of Chicago’s general information line, or contact the Department of Buildings main telephone number at 365.583.8700.

Close Search Window